Who We AreP.A.W.S. (Providing Animals With Support) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, no-kill, volunteer animal rescue organization founded in 2003. We rescue animals who are scheduled to be euthanized due to lack of space at shelters. We place them into foster homes or at our adoption center and then into quality permanent homes. P.A.W.S. relies solely on donations and volunteers.
Our Mission StatementOur mission is to decrease euthanasia rates at regional shelters, help less fortunate animals of sound temperament find forever homes, and educate the public about the humane care of animals with the goal of reducing animal overpopulation and animal cruelty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does P.A.W.S. take animals from the public?As a general rule, no. Our first priority is to get animals out of the shelters since they are in immediate danger of being euthanized. If you need to place your pet, we suggest advertising in the newspaper, Craigslist, ksl.com, etc., or contacting other rescue groups to take the responsibility of finding your pet a new home. Occasionally, P.A.W.S. will accept animals from the public, but only in unique circumstances, for example, abuse, orphaned newborns, a deceased owner, a highly adoptable breed, any animal previously adopted from P.A.W.S., and litters of puppies or kittens on the condition that the mother be spayed. Our rehoming fee is $50. If you feel you have a unique circumstance, please call the P.A.W.S. Adoption Center at 435-688-9478.
- How much does it cost to adopt an animal and what are your requirements?Please see Adopt.
- I found a stray animal; can I take it to P.A.W.S.?No, all strays need to go to appropriate municipal shelters to give their owners a chance to claim them. If they are unclaimed, then they will be placed for adoption.
- What kind of volunteer opportunities are available with P.A.W.S.?We have a wide range of opportunities, and every effort is greatly appreciated! Our adoption center houses both dogs and cats who need to be cared for 7 days a week; we have cats at PetSmart in Las Vegas as well as Lovin’ Arms Pet Center in St. George; we have our office that needs staffing 5 days a week; and of course, we are always in need of loving foster homes for dogs, cats, kittens and puppies. In addition, we hold several fundraisers and adoption events throughout the year and need help planning and staffing those events.
- Where is your adoption center and what are the hours?Please see Locations.
- I adopted an animal from P.A.W.S., and now I can't keep her. What should I do?We always accept back the animals we adopt out.
- Is there a low cost neuter program available?Yes, please see Neuter Program for details.
- Where can I send a financial donation?Our mailing address is P.O. Box 910805, St. George, UT 84791. Donations are greatly appreciated and are the only way we can keep doing what we do! Donations are tax deductible, and we will send you a receipt.
- Do you accept donations of pet food, pet supplies, or household items?Yes, we accept donations of all items at our adoption center. If you have large items that require a pick-up, please call our adoption center and we will be happy to come by for the items.